What is CJSF?
The purpose of the California Junior Scholarship Federation, a state-wide organization of over 600 chapters, is to foster high standards of scholarship, service, and citizenship on the part of students of California's public and private junior high and middle schools.
What are the benefits of CJSF membership?
CJSF grooms the student for CJSF membership in high school. Membership also brings with it the opportunity to participate in activities which benefit the school, the community, and the student.
Joining and Maintaining CJSF Status
• Your report cards from the last previous terms / trimester
• You MUST have 3.5 GPA or higher
• CJSF application
listen for school announcements for open enrollment at the beginning of each term/trimester
go to the E.O. Green Website for information and updates
• You must reapply each trimester
• Community hours (at least 6 per trimester)
What awards do CJSF members receive?
At the end of 8th grade, students will receive the following before the commencement ceremony.
• 3 trimesters and 18 hours = Certificate, Service pin and Double Cord
• 2 trimesters and 12 hours = Certificate, Service pin and Single Cord
• 1 trimester and 6 hours = Certificate and Service pin
(*Hours MUST! be done per semester)
What activities may CJSF members participate in?
• Group or individual community service activities and hours
• Food drive
• An end of the year reward activity
· School community service hours
What happens if I receive a referral or suspension when I am a member of CJSF?
· A referral or suspension for ANY reason will result in your CJSF membership being revoked.
· You must also maintain a 3.5 GPA or above each semester however, you will be able to reapply for CJSF the following semester.
· In addition to referrals or suspensions, any student who is otherwise eligible, but who in the judgment of the Advisor and Principal is not a showing exemplary citizenship, membership will be taken away.